Bananas aren’t just for the monkeys. Sure, we all put one in our smoothie, but bananas are more than just a way to sweeten your drink.
Once you discover all the wonderful benefits of eating a banana, you’ll never look at one the same way again.
Here are 21 reasons to eat bananas:
- Eat a couple of bananas before working out for energy and maintain your blood sugar.
- Speaking of working out, bananas help protect against muscle cramps and night time leg cramps.
- Did you that bananas counteract calcium loss during urination.
- Improve your mood by eating a banana, which produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Bananas reduce swelling.
- Bananas protect against type II diabetes while aiding in weight loss.
- When you eat bananas, it strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
- Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
- High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, (awesome!) that stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel.
- They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? The high fiber in bananas can help get you going normally.
- Bananas provide relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
- Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower your body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).