Most people associate exercising with weight loss. Did you know that exercising is great for beauty as well? Exercising is one of the most effective way to obtain glowing skin and healthy hair. When you exercise, you look and feel better in more ways than one.
Here are 7 Beauty Benefits of Exercising:
1. Helps keep pimples at bay: Exercise is a great way to get rid of acne. Not only does it help increase blood flow to your face, but the production of sweat also helps unclog your pores, getting rid of oil and dirt therefore making you less prone to acne. Exercise also helps lower stress levels, gets rid of cellular debris and helps control the production of testosterone-dependent hormones like DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) and DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) that are also responsible for acne.
2. Is the best to have glowing skin instantly: When you workout there is increased blood circulation in and around your face, helping it beam with that natural glow. Apart from that exercise also causes the release of the ‘happy hormones’, and the rapid breathing helps oxygenate your skin making it healthier. All this put together gives your skin a healthy glow.
3. Can help keep your hair healthy: While you exercise, your scalp gets some much needed nourishment too. Exercise helps increase blood flow to your scalp, keeping your hair and its follicles healthy. It also helps circulate oxygenated blood to your hair which makes it stronger. Apart from that exercise also significantly reduces stress, which is one of the leading causes for hair loss.
4. Helps get rid of cellulite: Cellulite can be an ugly thing to deal with, especially if you have been on a weight loss regime but are not able to get rid of it. Here’s where exercise comes into play. According to yoga and Ayurvedic texts, cellulite is thought to be due to a malfunctioning lymphatic system. When you exercise, the working of this system is normalized, in turn helping to get rid of cellulite.
5. Improves digestion: According to Ayurveda improper digestion is often the cause for breakouts on the skin and even lends the dull pallor to your skin. Exercise can remedy that too. According to a study published by the Gastroenterological Society of Australia exercise helps strengthen the walls of the abdomen and the intestinal muscles breakdown food more efficiently — moving it along your digestive tract faster. In an interview with Women’s Day.com Dr. Katz, MD, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center said, ‘Regular exercise can help prevent constipation.’ So much so that even short, intermittent walking throughout the day can help keep your digestive tract in check.
6. More confident about the way you look: Exercising not only helps you feel better mentally, but also helps you look good. The glowing skin, weight loss and beautiful hair helps you feel better and more confident about the way you look.
7. Helps you sleep better: According to a study published in the Journal of Sleep Medicine Reviews, exercising helped you sleep better by increasing your total sleep time. Sleeping is an essential component when it comes to looking better when you wake up. Apart from looking refreshed, when you sleep your body produces growth hormone that helps repair and rebuild body tissues. It also helps in maintaining the production of collagen that helps keep your skin looking healthy, wrinkle free and youthful.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
Add a filling (and delicious) post-workout snack to your workout with these chocolate chip cookie dough protein balls. They’re grain-free, dairy-free, vegan, and have just five ingredients! Plus, they have chocolate flavored Naked Nutrition Protein Powder for some much-needed post snack protein.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls Recipe
Yields 18 balls
2 scoops Naked Nutrition Chocolate Protein Powder
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup nut butter (ie: almond butter)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place protein powder and almond meal in a medium-size bowl and mix.
- Then, add in nut butter and maple syrup and mix again. Batter should look like cookie dough.
- Finish with chocolate chips and mix. Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out dough into your palms and roll into balls. Repeat.