For those who do not enjoy cleaning, the act can seem like a never-ending chore. Even if you spend a good part of the day cleaning and tidying up, you’ll find that the next day, you’ll still have to sweep, dust, or vacuum your home.
While that may not be a problem if you live alone and do not really entertain a lot of guests, it’s a different story when you suddenly get a phone call and find out that someone is coming over for a visit.
Whether you’re doing the cleaning because some are visiting or you just think it’s time tidy up, there is a way to clean your house without having to spend hours doing so. Check out the tips and tricks below to help you get your home spic and span in no time at all.
- Ready your cleaning supplies – before you start cleaning, put all of your cleaning supplies in one container. But, if you want to make it easier for you, just look for an all-purpose cleaning agent. When you get the multi-purpose one, you don’t have to worry even if you’re cleaning different types of surfaces. Along with the cleaning agent, also include a sponge, garbage bags and the like.
- Have a big container ready – if you are cleaning your living room, have a bin ready. This is where you will place anything that does not belong in that room. This way you will not waste time running around the house trying to put everything back in place. Just put them all in the bin and after you’ve cleaned, begin placing them back where they belong.
- Begin from the top floor – if you live in a multi-story home, don’t make the mistake of doing the rooms below first. This is because if you do the rooms downstairs first, then do the upstairs afterward, the dust and dirt from those floors will just accumulate below. All your effort will be futile as you will just have to repeat the process again since the area is again filled with dust and dirt.
- Get rid of the clutter – aside from dust and dirt, one of the things that make a house look unkempt is the clutter. So if you don’t have much time but would like your house to look somewhat clean, make sure that you get rid of the clutter. Even if you don’t have the time to wipe each surface if the area has no small clutter it will still look clean. Put all your clothes in the hamper and just worry about sorting them later. It would be a good idea to have plenty of storage where you can keep all the clutter so that it will not be an eyesore.
- Do the dishes – if you’ve already cleaned up the clutter, tackle the dirty dishes next. A well-cleaned kitchen, with all the countertops cleaned and made to shine, will still look dirty if there are dishes that have not been washed, so don’t forget this step as it is very important.
These tips are easy to follow and will make it faster to clean your house. But for times when you are really pressed for time, try getting your apartment cleaned by professionals. You can be assured that they will get it done fast leave your apartment in the cleanest condition.